GoldenThread is compatible with all Windows version from XP up to Windows10. ISA does not recommend running it on Vista though because of numerous security hurdles.
We have both 32 and 64 bit versions and recommend having at least 6 Gbytes of RAM on board because images are now becoming larger.
Many users (including ISA) run it on a Mac using either a Fusion or Parallels emulators. While these solutions were clumsy in the past, they are seamless today and work very well, sometimes even better.
GoldenThread software has also been successfully installed on servers for wider institutional access by multiple users.
Please see these suggestions on one possible approach for doing so. Dongle versions of the software are also available where the GoldenThread software can installed on multiple platforms but only executed with the USB dongle key installed.
- "Slanted-edge" feature for measuring Spatial Frequency Response and color plane registration
- 12-step Spectrally Neutral Patches from 0.05 to 2.43 optical density for measuring the Opto-Electronic Conversion Function (OECF), color neutrality, and noise
- 18 Munsell color patches to assess color encoding accuracy
- Neutral density patches to assess uniformity (device-level only)
- All data is saved to individual reports in Microsoft Excel and to appended reports in a Microsoft Access database to facilitate statistical process control and quality assurance
- GoldenThread Informational Brochure (for more detailed descriptions of the test targets and software capabilities): Download now
The full GoldenThread System includes the standard (9-1/4" x 1") object-level target, a device-level target, analysis software and standard support. Components can be purchased separately.